Permits Branch

The City of Winnipeg and Province of Manitoba can help you facilitate your event. Whether you require a permit to erect a tent or provide food services, or if you need information on street closures or special parking requests, the City of Winnipeg is ready to help. Please contact:

City of Winnipeg Zoning Department
Unit 31 – 30 Fort Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4X7
(204) 986-5140

Special Events Office

For larger outdoor events please utilize the following City of Winnipeg contact. Personnel can direct you to the right department and, if required, assist in coordinating arrangements with the Winnipeg Police Service for parades and other special considerations.

(204) 986-7828

Manitoba Liquor Control Commission

The Province of Manitoba requires and issues liquor permits (known as Occasional Permits) for special events. Please contact the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission for information on obtaining Occasional Permits.

Box 1023
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2X1
(204) 474-5666 General
(204) 474-5630 Licensing Advisor